1. Death brings out the best in people.
2. When someone tells you your hijab takes away your beauty, you must laugh. If your beauty is so fragile a mere scarf can take it away, why would you want it?
3. Talking over death is like stitching over a wound. At first it hurts, but then it starts to heal.
4. Going out to see a sad movie, even by yourself, is what you need sometimes.
5. In prayer, Allah reveals the deepest parts of you. The parts you forgot about, or put away in hiding.
6. The joy of a stranger calling you sister is worth a thousand times the joy of cute shorts or a pretty dress.
7. When you say it enough, Salaam Alaykum can sound like hello.
8. Ringing up friends is more important than sleep, or exams, or jobs when they are sad and alone.
9. Mama only wants what is best for you. Be patient. She was to you.
10. Spiritual talks until 4am are sometimes more than okay. They are important. And sometimes they keep you up for fajr.
11. Hearing Salaam on a bad day is as good as coming back to your hometown.
12. Words in people’s native languages are as close to jannah as we get in this world.
13.When you see your friends faces after a long drought of their company is enough to make you tell them you love them. You should tell them this more often.
14. You should tell the people you love, that you love. Sometimes we don’t get the chance. Don’t waste your own.
15. It’s okay to cry. It is love, it is. I have spent the last three years trying to get over her, not letting myself cry. When I did, I realised it did not make me weak, it made me human. And I was created to be human.
do you want to hear a joke
the north american education system
Becoming a cold hearted bitch wasn’t really what I planned to do with my life but here I am
lollipops are so weird youre literally swallowing your own flavored saliva